Friday, June 24, 2011

Today's DO list...and update on my son...

It looks like I may actually be able to mow today...maybe. Wednesday, I picked up the backyard...we have everything off the deck in an effort to waterproof and seal it...started this project last weekend...but of course it didnt get finished because that is when the rain began. So now the gazebo is off in one corner...the chairs are all under the big tree...the bench is under the smaller "Grandma" tree...and all the plants that are in the copper boilers are by the big bench....all "the boys" toys are tucked into the shed. I pulled the mower out of the shed on Wednesday and made it all the way to the side gate...in my attempt to mow the front yard first...and it started pouring!! I just left the mower there and ran inside....as if I got too wet I might melt. It hasn't really let up since then. Just misting rain most of the time...making the grass too nasty to mow. In fact...I hear a mower from my window now! And once again...it has clouded up...UGH...my lawn will be like a hay field by Saturday!! Not going to be a fun experience mowing...but then again...when is it? I used to enjoy mowing honestly....of course that was before the self propelled belt mechanism broke on this mower and my husband converted it to a PUSH MOWER...all I had to do was follow happily behind....it was great exercise...probably about a 3 mile walk! NOW...it requires effort to push the dang thing!
It is so cool here this morning...about 62 degrees...perfect for mowing. Well...if I cannot mow today...maybe I will have help on Saturday? Maybe I can hit some garage sales today instead!! That sounds like a better way to spend today than pushing some mower across the yard...LOL!!

I also want to mention that I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers people have been sending me for my son! I found out yesterday from the results of the ultrasound that it is NOT cancer! Yay!! It is a fluid build up! I can deal with that! I am going to google some answers as to how they get rid of that or what even causes it for that matter. I'm sure it will require some type of surgical procedure...

So thank you everyone for keeping him and his situation in your thoughts and prayers..it is appreciated more than you know!!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. Kat - fantastic news on your son!
    blessings,
    PatC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your son...glad to hear it is not cancer...my husband just had prostate surgery for cancer so I know the scare.....God bless you and yours. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete