Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sugar Free Cheesecake Recipe


This is probably my most favorite "sweet treat" recipe since I found out I was diabetic 5 years ago. I was never a cookie or candy lover...but...I LOVE a good slice of pie.
For those of you who are watching your fat or cholesterol intake...use a fat free cream cheese and sour cream....only use the egg whites and one of the yolks...then add 3 tbsp of flour.

***CRUST***
1 cup grahm cracker crumbs
2 packets of Splenda
3 Tablespoons of Margarine, melted
***FILLING***
4 8oz. packages of Cream Cheese, softened
20 packets of Splenda
4 eggs
3 heaping Tablespoons of sour cream
1 Tablespoon of vanilla
***TOPPING***
1 Package of frozen mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry and red raspberry)
4 packets of Splenda
1 Tablespoon water

Combine crumbs, Splenda and margarine: press onto bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake at 325* for 10 minutes.

Combine cream cheese and Splenda,(add in the flour if you are choosing this method)...mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and vanilla, pour over crust. Bake at 450* for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250*, continue baking for 1 hour. Loosen cheesecake fron rim of pan...cool before removing the rim of pan. Chill.

Place the frozen mixed berries in a 3qt pot. Add Splenda and water. Heat on low until berries are no longer frozen. They do not need to actually cook. Chill. I use the topping per slice rather than over the entire cake.

4 comments:

  1. You're kill'in me Kat! That looks fantastic! Changed my diet years ago (I'm a vegan) and I guess with a little imagination I can substitute certain ingredients but I'm sure it won't taste as rich and as yummy as I'm seeing here in this picture. I guess I'll give it a go...thanks for the recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delish!! I will definately be giving this recipe a try!! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting. It looks sooo delicious!

    I will surely enjoy when I do make it.

    Blessings

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cheesecake - this looks awesome and will definitely be making it. Thanks for the recipe.

    Prim Blessings
    Maxi

    ReplyDelete